IronRidge XR-1000-168A Rail
14', Anodized Aluminum, Clear, 12' Spanning and Extreme Load Capability, Replaces XRS Rail Type, Qty. 1
IronRidge XR-1000-168A Rail, 14', Anodized Aluminum, Clear, 12' Spanning and Extreme Load Capability, Replaces XRS Rail Type, Qty. 1
All New XR Rails - The backbone of the solar array. Their unique curved profile increases structural strength and spanning capability, allowing for fewer roof penetrations and more cost-effective system designs.
The XR Rail Family is offered in three targeted sizes, each size supports specific design loads, while minimizing material costs. Depending on your location, there is an XR Rail to match your speicific site conditions. The XR-1000 is a heavyweight among solar mounting rails. It's built to handle extreme climates and spans 12 feet or more, mostly for commercial applications. The XR-100 is the ultimate residential mounting rail, supporting a range of wind and snow conditions, while also maximizing spans up to 8 feet. The XR-10 is a sleek, low-profile mounting rail, perfectly matched to regions without snow. It achieves 6 foot spans, while also staying light and economical.
- Resist uplift
- Protect against buckling
- Safely and efficiently transfer loads to the building structure
- Superior spanning capability requires fewer roof attchments, reducing the number of roof penetrations
- Compatible with flat & pitched roofs
- Made from marine-grade aluminum alloy with a clear or black anodized finish
Calculating Rail Length
Add module widths + .25" space between modules for mid clamps + 1.5" to each end for end clamping. This formula will provide you with total width of rails.
For example, to mount five modules that are each 40" wide, the calculations are as follows:
- 5 x 40" = 200" (account for width of modules in portrait mode)
- 4 x .25" = 1" (account for width of mid-clamps between the five modules)
- 2 x 1.5" = 3" (account for two end clamps on ends of rail)
- 200" + 1" + 3" = 204" (total length of one rail)
- Two 18' rails will be required to mount these five modules
- End Caps for the XR-1000 rail can be found here: 1300-786
- Splice Kits for the XR-1000 rail can be found here: 1300-917
- Generally all of our products are in stock and ready to ship within 2 business days.
- If an item you ordered is out of stock, we will contact you within 1 business day with an expected ship date. You will then have the option to accept the new ship date or cancel your order.
- Either way, we guarantee your card will never be charged until your order ships.