Primus Wind Power 1-AR40-10-24 AIR 40 Wind Turbine
The proven choice for remote energy
AIR 40 is the premier micro-wind turbine for land-based applications. It operates efficiently across a wide-range of wind speeds, providing energy for telecom, water pumping, lighting, SCADA, off-grid homes, or other low energy demand battery charging applications. The AIR 40 is ideal for pairing with solar to offset seasonal variation, delivering more consistent energy.
The AIR 40 provides energy for off-grid homes, water pumping, lighting, telecom and anywhere you need electricity and have average annual wind speeds under 15 mph. It has a bare aluminum finish for use in non-corrosive environments, so it is not suitable for marine use. Rated power: 160 W at 28 mph (12.5m/s). CSA Listed for the US and Canada. 5-year limited warranty.
Proven, solid performance
We recommend AIR 40 for small battery-charging applications: remote homes, telecom, industry, lighting and more. The AIR 40 is an ideal wind turbine for hybrid systems with solar to offset those cloudy or wintery periods. Not for use in extreme environments. AIR 40 is built and backed by the worldwide leader in small wind.
- Advanced microprocessor technology for superior performance and high wind protection without mechanical braking
- Blades designed for quieter operation, durability and optimum energy capture in most wind speeds
- Lightweight design is simple and easy-to-install; integrated controller for plug-and-play operation
- Pair with solar PV for redundant energy production year-round
- Produces 40 kWh of energy per month* -- generating energy in a wide range of wind speeds
AIR 40 Certifications:
- Restrictive of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Compliance
- CE Declaration of Conformity (for battery charging applications only)
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) International Certificate of Compliance
|AIR 40 Specifications|
|Energy Potential||Approx. 40 kWh a month at 13.4 mph (6.0 m/s)|
|Swept Area||11.5 ft2 (1.07 m2)|
|Rotor Diameter||46 in (1.17 m)|
|Weight||13 lb (5.9 kg)|
|Shipping Dimensions||27 x 12.5 x 9 in (686 x 318 x 229 mm) 17 lb (7.7 kg)|
|Startup Wind Speed||7 mph (3.13 m/s)|
|Voltage||12, 24 and 48 VDC|
|Turbine Controller||Microprocessor-based smart internal regulator|
|Blades||(3) Injection-molded composite|
|Alternator||Permanent magnet brushless|
|Overspeed Protection||Electronic torque control|
|Survival Wind Speed||110 mph (49.2 m/s)|
|Mount*||1.5 in schedule 40 pipe 1.9 in (48 mm) outer diameter|
|Warranty||Five year limited|
*Primus Wind Power offers a range of tower options specifically designed to work with theAirfamily of products.
- Generally all of our products are in stock and ready to ship within 2 business days.
- If an item you ordered is out of stock, we will contact you within 1 business day with an expected ship date. You will then have the option to accept the new ship date or cancel your order.
- Either way, we guarantee your card will never be charged until your order ships.