Schneider Electric XW-MPPT80-600 Charge Controller
80A, 600V, 24 or 48VDC, White, Requires an XW Control Panel, 865-1032, RNW8651032
Schneider Electric XW-MPPT80-600 Charge Controller, 80A, 600V, 24 or 48VDC, White, Requires an XW Control Panel, 865-1032, RNW8651032
The Schneider Electric Solar Charge Controller (SCC) is a photovoltaic (PV) charge controller that tracks the electrical maximum power point of a PV array to deliver the maximum available current for charging batteries. When charging, the SCC regulates battery voltage and output current based on the amount of energy available from the PV array and state-of-charge of the battery.
The XW-MPPT80-600 Solar Charge Controller offers an industry-first set of integration features and top performance that allows for large PV array systems to be easily installed and connected to the battery bank at the lowest overall cost. Installing one XW-MPPT80-600 is faster than installing multiple smaller charge controllers and lowers overall costs further by utilizing fewer PV strings, smaller wiring and conduit, and by eliminating the need for PV combiner boxes and DC circuit breakers. Longer distances from array site to battery bank are also easier to accommodate than with smaller charge controllers. Advanced Fast Sweep™ MPPT charging technology helps harvest the most energy available from the PV array, even in partial shade conditions. 80 A of battery charge current allows for the connection of PV arrays rated up to 600 V STC (2560 W for 24 V systems, 4800 W for 48 V systems).
The SCC incorporates a dynamic Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) algorithm designed to maximize energy harvest from the PV array. The MPPT constantly adjusts the operating points of the array to ensure it stays on the maximum power point. It does not stop energy harvest to sweep the array like some other competing products. This feature is beneficial all sunlight conditions, especially in areas with fast moving cloud cover and quickly changing solar conditions.
Standard features of the Solar Charge Controller Include
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) delivers maximum available power from PV array to battery bank
- Integrated PV ground-fault protection
- Ultra-reliable, convection-cooled design does not require a cooling fan large, aluminum, die-cast heat-sink allows full output current up to 45°C without thermal derating
- Selectable two or three-stage charging algorithms with manual equalization to maximize system performance and improve battery life Configurable auxiliary output
- Two-line, 16-character liquid crystal display (LCD) and four buttons for configuration and system monitoring
- Input over-voltage and under-voltage protection, output over-current protection, and backfeed (reverse current) protection (warning and fault messages appear on LCD when unit shuts down as a protective measure)
- Over-temperature protection and power derating when output power and ambient temperature are high
- Battery Temperature Sensor (BTS) included automatically provides temperature compensated battery charging
- Xanbus enabled network communications protocol
- Communicates settings and activity to other Xanbus enabled devices, such as the Hybrid Inverter/Charger, the System Control Panel SCP), Automatic Generator Start (AGS), and other Solar Charge Controllers.
- Five-year warranty
Easy to Install:
- Fewer string wires
- Smaller AWG Wire
- No need for combiner box or GFI circuit breaker
- Available remote monitoring and configuration
- Compatible with any brand of PV Module, any grounding method
- Stand-alone application or full integration with Conext XW Inverter charger system
High return on investment:
- Installs faster with fewer costly components
- Improve battery life with selectable multi-stage temperature compensated charging
- Harvest more energy with Shade Tolerant Fast Sweep MPPT Algorithm
- Generally all of our products are in stock and ready to ship within 2 business days.
- If an item you ordered is out of stock, we will contact you within 1 business day with an expected ship date. You will then have the option to accept the new ship date or cancel your order.
- Either way, we guarantee your card will never be charged until your order ships.