LG Energy Solution RESU16H (RESU 16H) Prime HV Battery
16kWh Usable Energy, 400VDC, 7kW Continuous, 11kW Peak, Indoor/Outdoor Rated, CAN and RS485
- Item # 1850-002
Currently out of stock, but accepting pre-orders. Please be aware that the expected October shipment has been delayed due to a COVID manufacturing shutdown at the LG Energy Solution plant in Malaysia. We hope to have inventory available in December. Please Contact Us if you would like to place an order.
LG Energy Solution RESU16H (RESU 16H) Prime HV Battery, 16kWh Usable Energy, 400VDC, 7kW Continuous, 11kW Peak, Indoor/Outdoor Rated, CAN and RS485
The LG Energy Solution RESU16H Prime HV Battery is LG's largest battery in the category to date, capable of housing enough electricity necessary to effectively run an entire home. The LG RESU Prime family is designed to meet the needs of today’s consumers, who now rely on home energy solutions to power both their lives and careers. The shift to a work-from-home culture has highlighted increased demand for reliable energy solutions, driven by the uncertainty created from increased blackouts and the inefficiencies of aged grid systems. The LG RESU Prime offers consumers a sense of self-reliance, in an intuitive format they can scale to meet their needs.
A single RESU16H Prime offers 16kWh of usable energy with a continuous power output of 7kW and peak power output of 11kW. Or connect two RESU16H Prime batteries to a single inverter and the usable energy will increase to 32kWh (the power output will be limited to 7kW).
If addittional power is needed, install a second inverter with one or two batteries for 14kW of continous power output. This larger power rating means the backup loads on a typical household can now include high-surge power appliances like pumps and air-conditioners (as long as the inverter can also deliver the power required during an outage).
The modular design of the battery leads to a much easier installation and ability to perform on-site maintenance. In fact, there are only three main components: the connector plate, battery modules and control unit. The battery modules even have built-in handles which allow for easier movability.
Because of the weight, the RESU16H Prime can only be installed on the floor - not the wall. However, the compact design and simplified inverter connections offer a signifanct improvement over the original RESU batteries.
NOTE: The RESU16H Prime is currently only compatible with SolarEdge Energy Hub inverters. However, it will also be fully operational with the SMA Sunny Boy Storage inverters in the near future. This battery is not directly compatible with first generation SolarEdge StorEdge inverters.
- 16kWh usable energy.
- 7kW continuous and 11kW peak power output.
- Improved warranty: 10 years with 70% original capacity.
- Outdoor rated to NEMA 3R (IP55).
- Maximum operating temperature range:
- Charge: 14°F (-10°C) to 122°F (50°C).
- Discharge: -4°F (-20°C) to 122°F (50°C).
- Recommended operating temperature range: 59°F (15°C) to 86°F (30°C) for maximum life.
- Maximum altitude: 6,562 ft (2000 m)
- Battery Cells: UL1642
- Battery: CE / RCM / IEC 62619 / UL1973
- Pack: IEC62477-1
- Hazardous Materials Classification: Class 9
- Transportation: UN38.3
LG Energy Solution RESU Prime Battery Introduction
Wiring a RESU16H Prime Battery
- Generally all of our products are in stock and ready to ship within 2 business days, however on this particular product, due to component shortages, is currently out of stock and isn't expected to arrive until the first week of Setember 2021. Please Contact Us if you would like to pre-order this item.