REC TwinPeak 2 REC290TP2-BLK Solar Panel, 290W, MC4 Compatible, 38mm Black Frame, White Backsheet, 120 Half Cell Poly, 25A Fuse, 1000VDC, 267.7W PTC
Premium Solar Panels with Superior Performance
The innovative design of REC TwinPeak Series solar modules offers customers a number of significant improvements over standard 60-cell panels. Through intelligent system layout, customers can benefit from increased energy yield, even when the installation is affected by shade at certain times of the day or year, enabling continued production in shaded conditions long after other modules have ceased generation. REC TwinPeak 2 Series REC290TP2-BLK solar panels feature an innovative design with high panel efficiency and power output, enabling customers to get the most out of the space used for the installation. Combined with industry-leading product quality and the reliability of a strong and established European brand, REC TwinPeak 2 panels are ideal for residential and commercial rooftops worldwide.
The most obvious difference in the REC TwinPeak Series compared to a standard solar panel is the cell design. The new panel is based on standard sized cells of 156mm x 156mm that have been cut into two equally sized pieces (156 x 78 mm), to give 120 half-cut cells. The panel is then split into two ‘twin' sections of 60 cells each, connected in series, in three strings. The two sections are then connected in parallel in the center to give a panel of 120 cells. This new design and layout is supplemented by a collection of other enablers such as PERC (Passivated Emitter Rear Cell, also known as Backside Passivation),four bus bars and split junction box design. This helps to lower energy bills and shorten the payback time through increased yield and lower costs. Combine this with industry-leading product quality and reliability of a strong and established European brand and the REC TwinPeak BLK panels are ideal for any residential or commercial rooftop installation.
TwinPeak Series Explained
- More Power Output per M2 - The advanced technologies packed into the REC TwinPeak provide you with more power output for every square meter of panels installed, compared to standard 60-cell panels on a multicrystalline (poly) platform.
- More Performance in Shaded Conditions - Panels from the REC TwinPeak family have a unique "twin" design, which enables them to generate electricity even when they are partially shaded. Over time, you get a higher yield from your installation.
- More Cost Efficient - By delivering more power per square meter, you need fewer REC TwinPeak panels to generate the same power. This means quicker installation times and the need for fewer components such as clamps and racks. All of which reduces your overall costs.
REC was founded in 1996, and has since become a leading global provider of solar energy solutions. At the end of 2015, REC had produced around 20 million solar panels amounting to more than 5 GW of clean energy. That's enough to power almost 8 million people at home. Solar is our focus and we do it exceptionally well. With initiatives such as in-depth industry and market studies, combined with strategies that support sustainable business growth, it's no wonder that REC is widely regarded as a thought leader in the solar industry.
- Generally all of our products are in stock and ready to ship within 2 business days.
- If an item you ordered is out of stock, we will contact you within 1 business day with an expected ship date. You will then have the option to accept the new ship date or cancel your order.
- Either way, we guarantee your card will never be charged until your order ships.