Morningstar RTS Remote Temperature Sensor
For TriStar Controller
- Item # 2120-038
Morningstar RTS Remote Temperature Sensor, For TriStar Controller
Morningstar's Remote Temperature Sensor (RTS) provides improved battery charging in solar systems that experience temperature variations during the year. The RTS measures temperature at the battery and the controller uses this data for very accurate temperature compensation. Use of the RTS is recommended whenever the temperature at the battery will be more than 5°C (9°F) different than the temperature at the controller. The TriStar has no on-board temperature compensation; therefore the use of the RTS is required for temperature compensated charging. Other Morningstar controllers will default to an on-board temperature sensor if a RTS is not connected.
The RTS is compatible with the following Morningstar controllers:
- ProStar™ (soldering required)
- SunSaver Duo™
- SunSaver MPPT™
For maximum protection from harsh environments, the sensor is encapsulated in epoxy inside a power lug housing. The RTS is also protected from lightning surges and short circuits.
- Highly accurate: +/- 1.5°C (2.7°F)
- Cable length: 10 meters (33 feet)
- User may easily extend cable length up to 30 meters (100 feet) using standard cable
- Corrects for temperatures from -30°C (-22°F) to +80°C (+176°F)
- Wires are non-polarized
- Power lug housing: 9.5 mm (3/8") screw hole
- 2-conductor copper cable with PVC jacket, 0.34mm² (#22 AWG)
- Cable rated UL CMR
- UL recognized component when used with TriStar
- CE certified for use with all compatible Morningstar controllers
- Sensor noise is filtered
WARRANTY: Five year warranty period.
- Generally all of our products are in stock and ready to ship within 2 business days.
- If an item you ordered is out of stock, we will contact you within 1 business day with an expected ship date. You will then have the option to accept the new ship date or cancel your order.
- Either way, we guarantee your card will never be charged until your order ships.