SolarEdge P485 Power Optimizer
485W, Add-On Box for (1) High-Voltage Module, 12.5-105V, 11A, MC4 Connectors In and Out, 46.8" PV Wire, 1000VDC
SolarEdge P485 Power Optimizer, 485W, Add-On Box for (1) High-Voltage Module, 12.5-105V, 11A, MC4 Connectors In and Out, 46.8" PV Wire, 1000VDC
The Next Power Optimizer for High Power 60 or 72 Cell Modules
In addition to the benefits of the existing power optimizers, such as added energy, flexible design, module-level monitoring and safety, the P401 is optimized for the next generation of high-power modules, improved inventory management, faster installation, and compliance with the VDE-AR-E 2100-712 Fire Safety Standard. The P401 is SolarEdge's newest high wattage residential power optimizer and is designed to increase the support for these modules on residential installations.
NOTE: It is not allowed to mix P404/P405/P485/P505 with P370/P401/P500/P600/P650/P730/P850/P950 in one string. Nor is it allowed to mix S-Series and P-Series Power Optimizers in new installations.
The SolarEdge power optimizer is connected to each module, replacing the traditional solar junction box. Each power optimizer maximizes energy output from each and every module through constant tracking of the Maximum Power Point individually, per module. Furthermore, the power optimizers monitor the performance of each module and communicate performance data to the SolarEdge monitoring portal for enhanced, cost-effective maintenance. When working with SolarEdge inverters, power optimizers automatically maintain a fixed string voltage, allowing optimal efficiency of the SolarEdge inverter and giving installers greater flexibility to design optimal PV systems.
The independent optimization (IndOP™) technology allows power optimizers to be installed without the need for additional interface hardware and to operate directly with any inverter. Each power optimizer is equipped with the unique SafeDC™ feature which automatically shuts down modules' voltage whenever inverter or grid power are shutdown.
- Per-module Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- Up to 25% more energy
- Superior efficiency (99.5% peak efficiency, 98.8% weighted efficiency)
- Mitigates all types of modules mismatch-loss, from manufacturing tolerance to partial shading
- Flexible system design for maximum space utilization
- Advanced, real-time performance measurement with module-level monitoringAutomatic module DC voltage shut-down for installer and firefighter safety, compliant with NEC 2017 and the revised PVRSS 2019
- Fast installation with a single bolt
Optimized for Present and Future PV Module Ratings
The following SolarEdge power optimizers provide superior matching between the power optimizer and PV module ratings (power, voltage and current):
- P300 power optimizers match 60-cell crystalline PV modules
- P320 power optimizers match high-power 60-cell crystalline PV modules for residential installations
- P340 power optimizers match high-power 60-cell crystalline PV modules for residential installations
- P370 power optimizers match higher-power 60 and 72-cell crystalline PV modules for residential installations
- P400 power optimizers match 72-cell and 96-cell crystalline PV modules for residential installations
- P401 power optimizers match higher-power 60 and 72-cell crystalline PV modules for residential installations
- P405 power optimizers match high-voltage thin-film PV modules for residential installations
- P485 power optimizers match high-voltage PV modules for residential installations
- P505 power optimizers match higher voltage, 96-cell crystalline PV modules for residential installations
- P600 power optimizers match 60-cell crystalline PV modules, two modules connected in series for commercial installations
- P700 power optimizers match 72-cell crystalline PV modules, two modules connected in series for commercial installations
SolarEdge Inverter and Optimizer Technology Overview
SolarEdge PV Monitoring Portal
SolarEdge Rapid Shutdown
- Generally all of our products are in stock and ready to ship within 2 business days.
- If an item you ordered is out of stock, we will contact you within 1 business day with an expected ship date. You will then have the option to accept the new ship date or cancel your order.
- Either way, we guarantee your card will never be charged until your order ships.